Learn and Practice the Indonesian Language
‘Belajar atau berlatih Bahasa Indonesia’
AIA (ACT) has for 10 years now been running weekly Indonesian Language Classes in Canberra. The teachers are all native speakers and the classes are very successful as they offer a relaxed, positive and enjoyable environment where students attend, enjoy and advance at their own pace.
The classes are designed to cater for the very advanced through to the novice beginners and attract a range of very interesting mature students who share a common interest to develop Indonesian language skills, and for some to help prepare them for work (paid and charity) in Indonesia.
The classes offered are:
Advanced - Tuesdays 7-9pm
- For people with an advanced grasp of Indonesian language who wish to maintain or continue developing language skills.
Intermediate - Thursdays 7-9pm
- For people with a reasonable grasp of Indonesian language who wish to continue developing their language skills.
Beginners Level 3 - Mondays 7 - 9pm
- For people with some previous Indonesian language training who have a grasp of the basics and wish to continue learning the language.
Beginners Level 2 - Wednesdays 7-9pm
- For people who have completed the Beginners course and wish to continue to master the basics of the Language.
Beginners Level 1 - Thursdays 7-9pm
- For people with no previous Indonesian language training
Classes usually run for 8 weeks and are offered in four semesters per year that roughly align with school dates. All classes are held at a private address in O'Malley.
A Donation to cover the travel and other expenses of teachers to provide materials and conduct the classes, is usually $120 per course for AIA (ACT) members (based on min. 8 participants). Non-members are also accepted at $140 per course. There is a $10 discount to all who pay by the week before the classes commence. As membership is only $10 per year for an individual and $14 for a family, classes are much cheaper if you become a member.
You can contact AIA-ACT now about joining for the Fourth and final Semester in 2017 which will start the week 9th October 2017 and at this time all classes have vacancies. If you wish to join an Indonesian Language class for the Fourth Semester 2017 you are advised to nominate and pay early to secure your attendance.